Here’s the detes for the day. I started tracking my food on MyFitnessPal, per the recommendation of a friend. I know it’s not 100% accurate (partially because I estimate the amount of food and partially because you can’t always find exact matches), but it will at least give me an idea of where I am getting most of my calories. Today I’m at 67% fat, 23% protein, and 10% carbs (it was a heavy bacon day). I’m at 1719 calories for the day, which I think would be low for me in the summer but is probably pretty accurate for me in the winter time. I’ll keep using this for a few days and see how it works.
- Did 30 minutes of yoga.
- 2 cups of coffee with 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Sauteed broccoli, red bell pepper, and kale in bacon fat, 2 pieces of bacon
- Salad with mushrooms, sardines, cucumbers, walnuts, red bell pepper, and olive oil and ACV
- Grilled eggs with chorizo with 1/2 an avocado
- I think the Fitness tracker probably WAY overestimated the fat & salt in the chorizo, because I used homemade chorizo.
- 2 slices of bacon, 2 carrots, handful of walnuts
- Drinks – all day long lots of herbal tea.
- No improvement yet in allergies/joint pain.
- Verdict for the day: Success! I resisted 20th anniversary cupcakes, a veiled insinuation that I should go out for drinks after work, and a counter-top full of toffee and peanut butter cups. So far I haven’t been seriously tempted, but that’s probably more hormonal than anything. You girls know what I mean. 🙂
Our gym membership lapsed in December. We really only need a gym Feb – May, so we can train for the triathlon (pool). We were going to save some cash and sign up next month, but we are already going stir crazy. I know the primal community is not big on running, but Tim and I miss it. We can run when it’s 30 outside, but not when it’s 30 below. We’re going to have to join up somewhere so we can get our bodies moving again.
Life is ramping up to be busy again. I start a new class at Iowa State on Monday. It’s a programming class, and I have NO programming experience. I just read the syllabus, and we have a GROUP project. Bah!! That’s going to be no fun. Hopefully I’ll get lucky and group up with a brilliant programmer.
So between projects at work, school, meal planning and cooking, ramping up training for the tri, and crocheting a scarf (which is turning out super cute, btw), I’m going to be one busy Hlo. But happiness is growth right?? Hlo in June is going to be happy that Hlo in January was miserable. You are welcome, future self.